Saturday 8 June 2024

11-157 (5/6/24) -- Gaslit?

 I woke early and got myself to the rebooked dental appointment. This appointment apparently is in July not June,  even though on the phone call last week, I clearly said, "so it is Wednesday not Monday now?" I had received a somewhat non-committal response. about it being the 5th. Well, it is really a Fiday, so why was Wednesday not heard as the wrong day? I feel like this office is gaslighting me. <sigh> This is now the third date I've had for this cleaning. They are short-staffed apparently, so have had to rebook many people with the one hygienist. Today the receptionist was less than pleasant, much like the phone call last week. I don't understand why this is, but I find it less than professional. I did note that the inability to communicate to me the correct day did not engender trust in the new practice. That was met with a blank stare <sigh>. 

On the upside <smile>, my co-author and I submitted a large document to editors today and I sent another document off that had needed to be signed.   

After my appointment woes of early this morning, I chose to share a song about another era -- one before the age of electricity and gas street lamps were the new normal. My dad used to sing this one with me. <smile> The lyrics tell about a man who helped others every day (rather than being more negative or semi-combative <sigh>). Keep safe. Enjoy!  

The old lamplighter -- Sammy Kaye



No comments:

Post a Comment