Saturday 1 August 2020

Day 7 - 214 -- Changing Mindset


Another new month. I turned the page of one calendar that told me that the Olympic Games end on August 9. That brought a flood of 'things that would have been' which were accompanied by tears. In some moments, the feeling are so acute -- that lack of hope or belief in moving towards being able to do what we'd planned but in a different way. Waiting for the world to change can be excruciating. I realized that I may need to change, too. Hmmm.  The overpowering feeling of loss can take over without a positive forward thinking mindset. Yes -- there will be moments with sadness and tears. The goal is to find a way to acknowledge those feelings while managing the self talk, which may help improve the hope.

Changing one's mindset can take time and much effort. Learning to take what had been planned and finding a new approach are worthy goals.Who I am should not change, so I need to find a way to be me even in this uncertain new swirling surround. It may mean embracing the current world situation -- something that has felt like admitting defeat. It may not be defeatist, though. Continuing to be who I am with the same aspirations should help me find that hope that seems so tenuous right now. I definitely will give this one a try. It can't be done alone, so support from others will be included.

When I turned a second calendar today, I recognized the portion of song lyric as one that should be part of the blog. It is from the final album release of an iconic band. Stay safe. Enjoy!

Across the Universe -- The Beatles


No comments:

Post a Comment