Wednesday 12 August 2020

Day 7 - 225 -- Planned Enrichment

The heat wave remains for another 24-48 hours. I did some online communications and chatted with a friend by phone. Both helped me look up. <smile> At supper time, I headed to the Farmers Market to pick up my order -- sugar snap peas, broccolini, red onions and the most amazing orange cherry tomatoes. Yum!  I was surely thankful for the a/c in the car today. It helped keep me a bit cool while charging about town. In the evening I listened to a streaming concert with a bluesy soulful sound -- wonderful relaxing time. 

Working my way through the  tiredness that comes with a heat wave takes effort. I not only feel fatigue, but am a bit frustrated. Confusion reigns. What was I going to search for online? What was I going to get out of the fridge? When I pause to think it through, things do become clearer. I've wondered if it comes from the sameness of the days -- that lack of stimulation or enrichment. Enrichment is a term used in classrooms and even in animal rescue facilities. Each deals with the need for a way to challenge the brain with a new puzzle or activity.This could be addressed with planning things that provide something new for the brain to work in different ways each day. I will need to ponder this one to develop a reasonable plan -- maybe dancing would be a place to start?

The song that came to mind while thinking about this tonight uses dance as a metaphor for life. Cool. <smile> Stay safe. Enjoy! 

Life's a Dance -- John Michael Montgomery

 



No comments:

Post a Comment