Sunday 23 August 2020

Day 7 - 236 -- Fortuitous Clothing Purchase

 Recently I picked up a parcel from an online order. Clothes are not usually ordered online due to fit issues. This time, I used sizing assistance on the website and chose the size suggested. With great trepidation, I opened the package and tried on the item. It fit! Imagine.

 I had a wicked silly grin on my face for three reasons. 

1. An online order that actually fit -- This is a rarity with me. Even when shopping in a store sizing is iffy. No one uses standard sizing anymore, It's all vanity sizing. This clothing item is really two sizes (at least) larger than the number on the tag <sigh> 

2.  The item is made of denim with lots of spandex, so it moves well when I do. Denim can be stiffer and stay in place when the body moves inside the clothes. With this item, movement feels more natural. 

3. Memories of childhood were conjured up when I put the item on. The last time I wore a skort -- interesting combo of shorts and a skirt -- I was a whole lot younger. This one is a more age-appropriate length than the one I had as a preschooler. That one was shorter like a cheerleader skirt with similar flare and ruffled hem -- fine for a 4-5 year old but not at this point in life <grin>. 

Denim has been a favourite of mine since childhood. This led to lyrics that ran through my head, and, in turn, led me to the song choice for the day. Stay safe. Enjoy! 

Forever in Blue Jeans -- Neil Diamond


No comments:

Post a Comment