Sunday 23 August 2020

Day 7 - 235 -- Supporting Each Other

I woke to a sunny day -- after sleeping late. Household chores were interspersed with moments spent the the jigsaw puzzle on the dining room table (which is in the kitchen as this house doesn't have a dining room). That activity helped me feel calm and provided a feeling of accomplishment even if a small item. In early evening, I did a pick-up and delivery for friends in quarantine. It is always fun to help where I can. There may be a day when I have to isolate and will need help. 

Helping others and having others there to help me is the definition of the reciprocity of social support. It has to go both ways in order to work. This aspect of social relationships has been defined as part of the social determinants of health. This means that health outcomes improve when there is support for each of us AND when we feel we could be there for others. 

A song that describes this determinant of health is shared here today. Stay safe. Enjoy!  

Count on Me -- Bruno Mars



No comments:

Post a Comment