Tuesday 11 August 2020

Day 7 - 223 -- comfort and discomfort

 The day was HOT again, even though forecast temperature was a bit less than actual temperature. I worked on the 'to do' list and got a couple of key things addressed. One phone call -- called repeatedly -- resulted in busy signals over and over and over again. This has been a problem at this office for years. I may just head up to the building tomorrow to stand in front of them to make an appointment. So frustrating when we are all trying to minimize the number of contacts we encounter weekly. I will try phone again but if no response after two or three times, I will drive up. 

A major event for me was picking up a grocery order for friends who are returning from overseas tonight and will be in 14 day quarantine (federal and provincial requirements). Everything is set for them to have what they need for the first few days. A larger grocery order will be made and I'll pick that up to leave on their porch or deck. I can hardly wait to wave to them through the window. 

A song that deals with comfort of  home as well as the discomforts of uncertainty -- both concepts that appear regularly at present -- seemed to fit my musings today. For some it will bring visions of a major telecommunications company, but try to get past that to the full lyrics. Stay safe.  Enjoy! 

Home -- Phillip Phillips 




No comments:

Post a Comment