Friday 14 August 2020

Day 7 - 227 -- Different Views

It was somewhat cooler overnight, but we have a way to go inside before it cools well. Over the next few days, we'll have cooler overnight temperatures, so things should get better before they heat up again. I found a post that noted we've had more than the average days over 30C temperatures so far this year -- so it isn't my imagination that this seems oppressive particularly with the humidity pushing the feel into the high 30s or lower 40s. For activities today, there was a monthly meeting and I read one shorter item for research even though technically 'away from my desk' for the rest of the month. This one had a deadline. 

A phone conversation brought much information to answer the questions I'd been trying to find from government web sites. LSS things aren't quite a they seem -- imagine! <shaking head> The information was much appreciated, especially when from a non-government bureaucratic rule-governed standpoint -- liked the no-nonsense practical approach. <smile> 

My conversations today helped me to look at things from different angles -- getting outside my head, so to speak  <smile>. That thought brought me to a couple of lines in a song from my youth. While the lyrics deal with a very different situation, the idea of viewing any situation from a new venue is central to the lyrics. Take care. Enjoy! 

Giant Step -- Peter Tork ft. Owen Elliott & MacKenzie Phillips



No comments:

Post a Comment