Wednesday 19 August 2020

Day 7 - 231 -- Day of Drizzle

 Outside was misty drizzle mixed with bits of larger rain drops, so a rain jacket was necessary while walking and deck sitting. I had a quick in person visit with a friend and another one by phone. Late in the afternoon, I joined a masked deck visit with colleagues to wish one of our own farewell. It was the first time I'd seen most of them since March 17. Even masked, it was a pleasant visit. By early evening, it was time to pick up the grocery order. I had to return one item that was not what I'd ordered. I replaced it with something else. Grapes seem to be new varieties that are bagged in store branded bags -- red ones were not the flavour or texture of a grape -- well a traditional grape. The green ones are new, too, but a bit more flavour than the reds. I may need to try a different store for this 'must have' item in my fridge. <sigh>. I also received a badly dented can of tuna. I will need to carry that back someday. Generally things have not been overly problematic, and if things were not right, it was made so by great staff members. For some reason, the one on the phone tonight made me go into the store -- the reason for curbside pick-up seemed lost on her. <sigh>. I will write the company and let them know of the oddities this time around. I also was at a drug store that has always had paper products on hand. Today, there was no toilet paper in the whole store. I have no idea why. <sigh> 

The rain made the day grey but as a group we found somethings to laugh about. It took some work to get past the grocery debacle but I did find a song that seemed to fit the weather and laughter. Stay safe. Enjoy! 

Laughter in the Rain -- Neil Sedaka


No comments:

Post a Comment