Saturday 8 August 2020

Day 7 - 220 -- Shortages?

The day began with a phone meeting -- the last until September. Others seem to be planning to be away from work during August, too.  <smile>  Activities of the day involved searching through a hardware store for a number of items. Luckily, I found a very helpful staff person who took me to the aisles and discussed pros and cons of different items. Most times, I've only been directed to an aisle number. We had a good chat as we walked around the store. I left feeling like a valued customer. <another smile>. At the next store, I found most of what I hadn't found elsewhere. One exception was canned soda. This store had a sign noting that there is a shortage of aluminum cans, so companies are only making their most popular flavours in cans. Sadly, my diet ginger ale isn't one of those. I was pleased that the company had put a notice up for customers, since no where else had an explanation for empty shelves. I topped off the outing by getting some take out for a quick supper. 

After supper I fell asleep for a couple of hours. I was fatigued much of the day. Hotter weather messes with my ability to sleep well, it seems. Taking a walk later in the day did not happen when I fell asleep instead. Maybe tomorrow. <smile> 

A song came to mind that fit one of the learnings of the day. It brought a smile, too. Stay safe. Enjoy! 

Aluminum -- Bare Naked Ladies


No comments:

Post a Comment