Thursday 20 August 2020

Day 7 - 233 -- Taking Care

Today was sunny with a medium heat and a nice breeze -- an all around pleasant day weather-wise. I headed out for errands. I picked up an online order delivered to the local store outlet and stopped by a local bakery for a loaf of bread -- the last of the previous loaf was used yesterday. I have had bread on the errand list for a few days, but today meant there was no time to put it off again. In late afternoon, I had a weekly chat with a good friend. As always, it was great to catch up on happenings of the past week and find things to laugh about. 

Over the past almost 2.5 weeks, I've noted mask wearing almost to a person when indoors and a few wearing them on the street as they go from store to store or are in an outdoor social gathering where 6 feet separation can't always be maintained. This coincides with making masks mandatory in public building in the province. This has renewed my faith in humankind. There are many other events that make me wonder just what some folks are thinking, so finding something positive brings a bit more balance to the days. There have been some situations where masks were not present. I've decided that in such cases, I will just leave the area or if a small area to begin with, just leave the building. If building personnel choose not to monitor mask usage as they do with distancing, it seems leaving the establishment would work best. It is a frustration, but I won't be able to change anything, so I just need to walk away -- and maintain some sense of calm. <smile>

Lyrics about standing up for yourself seemed fitting today -- even if you are protecting yourself quietly by leaving an unsafe area. A few lines from the selection of the day ran through my head. The tempo might help with commitment to follow through with a decision. Stay safe.  Enjoy!

It's My Life -- Bon Jovi




No comments:

Post a Comment