Thursday 6 August 2020

Day 7 - 219 -- Finding Fortitude


It was another sunny and hot day in the Maritimes. NS has been hotter than the Caribbean often over the past few weeks. Humidity adds to the tropical nature of the days. Forecast indicate some pleasant by less hot days in the near future and then a return of the super-heated days. As long as there are some cooler nights that help the house to become more comfortable in between short spurts of hot and humid, I will survive. I'll complain, but I'll manage. <smile> The evening cooled a lot with cooling west winds -- sadly no west windows in the house but some will lead in through other windows. 

I chatted with a dear friend and discussed conundrums in our days. We spoke about our desires of  'getting away' for a day trip somewhere -- always somewhere rural -- so with much less disease risk. I have a couple places in mind that I could go in an afternoon, just need to be brave enough to venture forth. <smile> It isn't the same as sharing the experience with someone else as I've often done. I fear it will further the feelings of isolation from the world that pester me some days. There are a few peaceful places that I could try and see if it works for me. There is no way to understand the impact without trying first. 

I heard song lyrics in my head as I pondered it all today. Imagine! <grin> I used it as part of my physio rehab playlist a few years back -- something to inspire forward movement. Stay safe. Enjoy! 

Brave -- Sara Bareilles


No comments:

Post a Comment