Sunday 5 March 2023

10-59 (28/2/23) -- (Dis)Connections

In a discussion today the topic was about how major life events may alter relationships with friends or family groups. Such big events can pull people together for support and celebration. They can also lead to disintigration of relationships. Losses, in particular, result in many different emotions and each person works through it in their own way. A point of intersecition exists where relationships alter -- becoming stronger or weaker. I've moved to work or study across the nation and have retained connections in each area. Granted, this isn't with all players in each centre, but some have lasted. We don't see each other as often as we did when working together daily. We do keep in contact online, by letters and cards, or some in person meetings. I think of many other people with relationships that drifted away with time. I wonder how life has gone for them. I value the connections that have been retained, though. They are golden. 

I chose a song that fits my thoughts in a peripheral way. It reflects the hopeful child inside of me who wishes everyone I've known was still part of my larger circle of contacts. I did learn early on that people moved and we often lost that friendship. As I grew, that learning has been revisited often. The selection today speaks to the fanasy of eveyone uniting together. Keep safe. Enjoy! 

One Vision -- Queen 




No comments:

Post a Comment