Thursday 9 March 2023

10-64 (5/2/23) -- Unexpected Visit

I found a surprise in my email today. A note from a friend to say she was in town. She asked if we could meet. We made plans for dinner at the hotel restaurant where she was staying. We hadn't seen each other since 2019, so this was long overdue. She was in town for business meetings tomorrow and then was flying back home. I so enjoyed our short visit. Again, electronic devices have let us remain in touch over the years. I've attended presentations that she gave through virtual platforms. That, too, has helped us remain in touch. While I wished that we could have visited longer, we were the last table left in the dining room, so decided we should move along. <smile> 

Other than that, the day was mundane. More laundry was completed. I did some bits of work on travel plans. The bigger task was practicing the lecture for tomorrow. I feel a bit worried about this one as it has some technical biochemical and physiological content dealing with nutritional impacts of particular medications. It serves more as an introdcution to how meds can affect appetite or nutrient metabolism. I always get uptight when the deeper biological machanisms come into the conversations. I know I prep way beyond what anyone will ask <smile>. But, I was a Girl Guide so have lived with the concept of 'be prepared' for most of my life now. <grin> 

I had a glass of wine with the yummy mushroom pasta dish for supper tonight. So, a song I've used before in the blog came to mind. It is a favourite for the ideas behind the lyrics. Keep safe. Enjoy! 

Good Friend and a Glass of Wine -- LeAnn Rimes



No comments:

Post a Comment