Sunday 26 March 2023

10-84 (25/3/23) -- Musical Journey

Sunshine visited for much of the day. Big clouds were present, but didn't block the sun for very long. More melting occurred today so the big snow from yesterday has been leaving <smile>. I spent much of the day doing laundry and household account tasks -- nothing big and exciting  <smile>. 

A cable station has been playing Oscar winning movies over the decades. This afternoon, The Glenn Miller Story was featured. I love the sound of this movie -- so much of his music and a good story about how his sound evolved. My dad had several of his recordings and even without lyrics, I know them by title <smile>. The music takes me back to times long past. I share two of the many wonderful melodies from Miller's career that were featured in the movie. I find these relaxing, so close your eyes and let the music bring a moment or two of peace. Keep safe. Enjoy!

String of Pearls -- Glenn Miller Orchestra



Moolight Serenade -- Glenn Miller Orchestra





No comments:

Post a Comment