Thursday 9 March 2023

10-63 (4/2/23) -- Sombre Introspective Day

It was a rather sombre day. I did a bit of laundry and listened to the television in the living room into the evening while trying to do some blog writing. I miss having the television in the bedroom. I do watch most of what I record in the evening before going to sleep. So, without the one that stopped working after the power outage yesterday, I feel lost. 

In the afternoon, I attended the funeral of a neighbour. The honour guard from the Royal Canadian Legion did a good job -- one that brought a couple of tears. The priest noted that a sudden death can be difficult. He then said somethng that a good friend reminds us of often -- tell the people you care about how you feel now -- today. Don't miss a chance to do this. This is for us as much as it is for others. So, just do it. 

The song chosen for today was the recessional for the funeral. At least, it was one I could sing along with behind my mask <smile> as the soloist sang in a register that fit my range. It was the first time in a very long time that I've heard this sung and not played by a piper. I share a version with two lovely voices that blend well. Keep safe. Enjoy! 

Amazing Grace -- Andrea Bocelli & Alison Krauss



No comments:

Post a Comment