Friday 24 March 2023

10-82 (23/3/23) -- Enjoying the Season

Cloud returned throughout the day bringing with it the snow that will fall late evening and into the overnight. This will cover the ground again. I was enjoying the sight of ground and grass again and the puddles that had dried fairly well after the last big melt. This is spring afterall -- a transition season. It isn't winter and it isn't summer; it is the movement from a colder season to a warmer season. I've heard people complaining that even with the warmer sun the air temperature is cold. I've found this frustrating over the years, when people see the sun and blue sky and expect it is now summer. The rental house across the street put up their hammock on the front porch this week during the sunnier days. That move may be a month or so early, but they are being optimistic. The wind blows from northerly directions these days and that comes across the ice pack on the strait about 15-20 minutes outside town. For these reasons, the wind is still cold. <smile> I removed a fleece layer worn under my parka this week and felt just comfortable. The sun is very warm -- lots of solar loading at play, but that warms the ground or me if I pause in a full sun area. 

I enjoy transition seasons. They offer a route to the major shifts in temperatures between winter and summer. Spring brings a re-greening of landscapes and surprising little pops of colour with spriing flowers. I'm looking forward to this change in views out the windows and along the sidewalks and roadways. It personifies hope with the constant changes. A song that describes how spring can affect me is shared tonight. Keep safe. Enjoy! 

59th Street Bridge Song -- Simon and Garfunkel




No comments:

Post a Comment