Monday 27 March 2023

10-85 (26/3/23) -- Multi-faceted Projects

Today has been very cloudy with bits of snow in the air during the afternoon. We expect more snow in the evening and overnight. So -- Yay -- more shoveling tomorrow. <sigh> Most of my day has been spent working on a major planning project. It takes a lot of coordination but things are moving forward well. Several other steps need to deal with phone calls and one visit to businesses open tomorrow. So, the project should be fairly complete by end of day tomorrow.  

There are pros of sharing heavy loads -- it saves my back when actual physical things need to move, but may help to reduce anxiety levels with the mental loads. I should know this. Asking for assistance is difficult. Offering help is easier <smile>. Others are helping with the current project, for which I am extremely grateful. Two other large projects lie in the near future. I will need to ask for some assistance -- most of it for anxiety reduction, but there will be some smaller physical tasks that will work better with more than one person. For now, I need to focus on the current project and not let myself become so overwhelmed by the next big one -- I really don't want to be like weather forecasters always focused on the next big storm <smile>. 

A song came to mind today -- one I haven't heard for a long time. It talks about the trials we all experience. The same artist also recorded another song about working with others to get through those trials. I've chosen to share both tunes today. The first one has a title and lyrics that reminded me of the many smaller tasks that make up a big project. The second song has lines that remind me of how great it is to have good friends willing help. Keep safe. Enjoy!

Many Rivers to Cross -- Joe Cocker


With a Little Help from my Friends -- Joe Cocker



No comments:

Post a Comment