Monday 13 March 2023

6-70 (11/3/23) -- A Hefty Conundrum

It was sunny today which made me feel a bit of that warmth. The lack of wind helped, too. I went to run a few errands on Main Street and then did the Saturday laundry and cleaning tasks -- well some of them, at least. I also chose take out dinner. The sun had set and a slight breeze materialized making that walk much cooler. I take this as a sign of spring. <smile> 

A delivery person yesterday left two boxesby the porch rather than on the porch. They perched on the bottom step leaning upright against the second last step, which blocked the stairs from either side. I was inside the house and it was very difficult to get to the boxes from a step higher since they took up the full width of the stairs. I had no way to lift with legs and not back <sigh> One box was 40 lb. I like home delivery to the front porch for heavier items. This repeat order has always been placed beside the front door.  Today took all my Newtonian physics background to move the really heavy one into the house. I generally 'roll' it over the front door sill, but today had to heft the box up four stairs and then roll it on in. I know the driver may have chosen not to carry it up the stairs, but I felt less able to deal with this one on my own. 

A song title came to mind when feeling cranky about the delivery of the boxes today. <smile> There are many wonderful versions of this available. Each of these carries different aspects that bring individuality to this well known song. The one shared is a favourite of mine for the multiple artists featured. Keep safe. Enjoy! 

The Weight -- Playing for Change ft. Robbie Robertson & Ringo Starr



No comments:

Post a Comment