Tuesday 7 March 2023

10-60 (1/3/23) -- (Re)New Activity

Today I gave a guest lecture on the research project dealing with the history of the dietetic profession. This year added a new twist. For the first time, I lectured in a newer building on campus. Very sparkly and new feeling. The technology was a bit tricky with two screens working and requiring slides to be advanced. There were stumbles along the way with that, but it worked in the end. 

The walk up to campus and back home was chilly. This was an evening class, so it was dark both ways -- no warming sunshine for my exercise today <smile>. I enjoy talking about history -- the why behind what we know and do today. Learning how current protocols grew out of past experiences can be fascinating. I have always enjoyed novels and movies set in different periods of history. Even some interesting television series are set in times past. It seemed only natural that I'd end up researching history in some way. I've focused on the Victorian era in the UK. I have looked at the impact of events in the UK on the Civil War era US, also. It is fun -- though it can be tedious at times. Finally being able to travel again has allowed me to begin planning visits to both countries to gather further information. I'm hoping to get back into that groove again. The isolation of the past three years left me feeling disengaged with much of the world around me. Getting it all back on some track to move forward is challenging, but it is moving bit by bit. 

Doing new things can bring good feelings. Today I thought of the new and renewed things going on right now. There is trepidation involved, for sure, but this is mixed with positive feelings. The lyrics and upbeat nature of the selection today reflect the positive in newness. Keep safe. Enjoy! 

New Morning -- Bob Dylan



 


No comments:

Post a Comment