Monday 27 March 2023

10-86 (27/3/23) -- That Unfocused Feeling

Oh, Yay!  More wet snow fell overnight -- less than the last episode so pushing it was easier. I ran around town doing some of the last-minute tasks for a major project. As I was working through other bits at home, my mind kept jumping from one task to another -- often leaving one underway to begin another one. This seems counter-productive. So many little things seem to need attention to finish. In  actuality, there are fewer tasks that must be done and the others might be useful, but not required.  This reminded me of a view to information conveyed during educational activities as presented by a wise woman at a conference years ago. She said there were things that people need to know, so these should be communicated clearly. Muddying the waters with the 'nice to know' or -- heaven forbid -- the 'nuts to know' <smile> would diminish the messaging effectiveness. That's how I felt today -- my mind hopping from the necessary to too many 'wouldn't it be nice if...' tasks. 

When speaking with a colleague, I felt my thoughts were popping all over the place -- that dreaded inability to focus that comes with anxiety. I then smiled as a song came to my mind. It is far from a favourite of mine, but it felt like the right song to express how my thoughts have been so unfocused today. Keep safe. Enjoy! 

Popcorn Song -- Hot Butter



No comments:

Post a Comment