Friday 10 March 2023

10-67 (8/3/23) -- Women's Day

Today is International Women's Day. I wore purple clothes and hat/mitts/scarf set to celebrate the day. Purple is a power colour and one that I enjoy in all its iterations. I had a chat with someone from the local Women's Centre today about the Stand for Women event held over the noon hour and the women's history trivia night at a local brew pub. It is nice that events such as these are back in action this year. 

I received a call this morning noting that while I had a car appointment set for Monday, the dealership had a cancelation and they could get me in this afternoon. How cool is that? I thanked her profusely for thinking of me. And Yes, the manager of the service department is a woman -- another reason that I stick with the dealership for my car's needs. This also showed me that I can be flexible -- something that I haven't been feeling as much of lately. When the inspection was completed, I headed to the grocery store that I have to pass by to get home. Why not stop and get some of the foods now rather than next week? So the day went fairly well. 

The song I chose to share today is from several decades ago -- five actually.  When it first hit the airwaves, I liked it but didn't fully understand the depth of the lyrics. As time moved forward, I began to comprehend the need for such an advocacy song. Over 50 years later, the words still speak to needed changes. We have come a long way since then, but there is still much to do. Keep safe. Enjoy! 

I am Woman -- Helen Reddy 



No comments:

Post a Comment