Saturday 26 August 2023

10-219 (7/8/23) -- Water Leakage

Last night I noticed some seepage around the back of the toilet. Today, I made my first work order in the new place. The maintenance fellow was by in about two hours. Amazing. He conferred with the plumber working on the unit next to me and then tightened something and all is well.  I hired a carpenter working on the new builds here who does small piece work in his off hours. He did a great job of installing two curtain rods. He even helped me to hang the curtains for the one room and the rings for the rod in the other room. I have one more that will need to go up later. At present, he wouldn't be able to get to the window for the boxes in the front room. Sometime later, this one will be done. 

I took two bundles of flattened boxes to the curb for recycling pick up tomorrow. A few bags of packing paper made the trip, as well. Other than that, the day has been fairly ordinary -- unpacking and finding places for things to reside for now. Much of my thoughts dealt with how to get things into the recycling stream when there is just so much. On the upside, a friend stopped by for a short chat and told me that I'd made real progress with unpacking. Cool. I tend to see what is left to do rather than what has already been done. Interesting. 

The song for today uses water as a metaphor -- love as a waterfall. The seepage in the bathroom was minor today, but I liked the rhythm of this song about water, so it is shared here today. Keep safe. Enjoy! 

May This Be Love -- Jimi Hendrix Experience

 



No comments:

Post a Comment