Saturday 12 August 2023

10-212 (31/7/23) -- Family Loss

 My aunt passed away today. She was my dad's eldest sister. She was a bridesmaid at my parent's wedding. We visited her often on the West coast. I have many fond memories of those days -- shopping, picnicking on the beach and in the mountains and sharing great meals. When I visited once as an adult, she had errands to run in town and dropped me at the grocery store. She knew I'd enjoy seeing the different products available in a US store. She understood that food was my life even without me telling her outright. <grin> 

She had a wonderful laugh and great sense of humour. Recent pictures with her family showed her wonderful smile and often that great laugh. I will miss seeing new photos of her outings, but most of all I will miss her presence in this world. She was special. 

Today I share two songs -- one states how I feel today and the other is by one of her favourites. Keep save. Enjoy! 

A Hole in the World -- Eagles


Music Box Dancer -- Frank Mills



No comments:

Post a Comment