Sunday 27 August 2023

10-226 (14/8/23) -- Feeling Lighter

Today a wonderful friend and I took a huge load of paper and boxes to the dump -- which we now call the Solid Waste Management Facility <smile>. We packed her wagon and my  baby suv with bundles of flattened boxes, several larger flat boxes and three larger boxes crammed with packing paper. Under all that cardboard and paper there was a dining area. Imagine! The room looks much better without the piles and boxes. 

While I think of the place as the dump, very little goes into landfill. All that we took out today will head into the recyclable waste stream. I really wish that I could have found someone who might be able to reuse the materials. For me, reuse is part of refuse, reduce, reuse, recycle. So, what we did today is at the end of that series of environmental actions. 

As I look at the cleared space tonight, things look so different. It looks like a dining room and not just a catch all space. I feel a bit lighter with all the packing materials gone from there. Now there are more boxes to deal with in the den/guest room and in the garage. Those will be smaller boxes that will bundle easily for curbside pickup. A song from the dim, distant past came to mind today. Keep safe. Enjoy! 

Oh, What a Feeling -- Crowbar


 

No comments:

Post a Comment