Wednesday 9 August 2023

10-206 (25/7/23) -- Technology Saga

I spent another 90 minutes on the phone with my service provider. Today the television package ceased to record with the pvr. The error code simply said that the recording feature was not working and that I should try again later. It had recorded last night, but there were no entries showing in the scheduled recordings. So, it wasn't just live recording. Once again I was instructed to reboot the system and then the modem. Twice. During the final waiting period, the assistant found a system error that was blocking my recording ability. So, it wasn't me or the equipment, but the overall system that messed up. Not sure how it was shut off, but at least it is back up and functioning. 

I think that was the fourth time that I have had to call for help with the system I pay oodles for. Today, I also found that when my account was transferred to a new address, they wiped my phone messages. I kept several messages that were from people who will not be leaving further messages. This made me sad that I wouldn't hear these voices or messages again. <sigh> Overall, the service provider only added to the stress of moving. I do need to chat to them about this experience, but I don't have the energy to do that right now. 

I will admit that I've thought of other providers, but we have few other choices in this region. That said, there was a song line running through my brain today as I pondered the past few weeks and the messes I've had to live with as they feebly and slowly addressed my complaints. <sigh> Keep safe. Enjoy! 

Shop Around -- Smokey Robinson and the Miracles



No comments:

Post a Comment