Saturday 5 August 2023

10-201 (20/7/23) -- Repetativeness

I was back at unpacking boxes in the kitchen today. I expect I will move things around several times in the coming months, but I had to get things somewhere for now. I feel like I"m stuck in a loop. It is all 'rinse and repeat' it seems (How's that for a mixed metaphor <sigh>). I'm just opening boxes, piling up packing paper in a large box and trying to find places to house the box contents. Once that is done, it is on to the next box, and the next and so on and so on ...  

I'm not convinced this is much different than filling the boxes. It is the same process and movements in repeat. When packing I often was seated, but unpacking seems to have me standing at the kitchen island unpacking. It is mind numbing and physically tiring. Again, just as I yearned for packing elves to do the work as I slept at night, I'd now like the unpacking gnomes to do the same thing. <smile>

A song came to mind as I was in the midst of all the repetition today. It deals well with the tedium the boxes bring. I love the voice of the singer. <smile> Take care. Enjoy! 

The Circle Game -- Joni Mitchell 



No comments:

Post a Comment