Sunday 27 August 2023

10-228 (16/8/23) -- Driving

Today brought a mix of sun and cloud. I filled the tank with gas and headed out to the airport. Flight delays made the arrival of a dear friend later than expected. I was pleased that I had booked a hotel room for the night since the drive home would put us in close to midnight --- a much longer day than either of us needed. Our late dinner consisted of an amazing pizza made in a real pizza oven in the hotel restaurant. We had a new-to-me cabernet sauvignon with a great spicy finish. It suited the pizza well -- prosciutto, pesto, arugula and wonderful mozzarella and red sauce. The crust was fantastic, too. 

Today was the first time I have driven on the new four-lane highway that goes all the way to Halifax. I have ridden over it once, but this is the first time I've driven it. There is a lot of climbing as just outside town the road climbs the mountains -- lots of rock blasted to make way for the road. We ride above the treetops when we get to the top. I expect it will be lovely in the fall, but less pleasant in the winter. We'll see. It was nice to drive to the airport. It has been several months since I drove anywhere outside of town. 

A song lyric came to mind. The song is light and upbeat which matched my mood today. Keep safe. Enjoy! 

On the Road Again -- Willie Nelson



  

No comments:

Post a Comment