Thursday 10 August 2023

10-207 (26/7/23) -- Unboxing Home

I went shopping for new items to set up the new place. Got curtain rods and rings, shower curtain and rings, a power bar with a a cord longer than 2 feet <smile>, and a number of other things for hanging pictures and reaching the top cupboards. As I left the store parking lot, I said, "time to head home." Now, I was thinking of the new place when I said this. It surprised me to hear that I called it 'home'. I can't say that if fully feels like home at this point, but I'm hoping that it will soon. Once boxes get out of the middle of the open concept space, I'm sure it will feel a bit better. 

I've offered boxes to people who are moving, but have had no actual takers at this point. I guess some will have to be bundled for the next recycling pickup. I may still need to take it all to the depot at the dump, though. That will take more than my car can hold. So may need many trips or gathering a convoy to help do it in one trip. 

A chorus line from a song came to mind today. It speaks to a feeling I hope to have sooner than later. Keep safe. Enjoy! 

Home -- Chantal Kreviazuk



No comments:

Post a Comment