Sunday 27 August 2023

10-225 (13/8/23) -- Fighting the Washing Machine

A load of laundry almost bested me today. A larger bath mat that I have washed here before created issues today. The washer could not balance the weight of the wet mat with the towels I had in to manage the weight distribution. Worse yet, the machine wouldn't shut off when trying to spin while banging loudly. I tried to use the pause button to stop the machine. That didn't seem to work. It did eventually stop, but with loads of water left in the tub. The mat was so heavy to lift and unwind from the large ball it had been beaten into by the machine. I finally tried to use the rinse and spin only cycle. It didn't do much other than stop after filling with water. I then somehow managed to get it to spin off some of the water. But then it tried to refill rather than spin. This happened two or three times without any major spinning to wring the water out of the mat and towels. Then, it just stopped once after draining most of the water. <sigh> 

I'm sure there is a way to do this so it will work as designed. However, when in the midst of seeing the stacked dryer swaying as the washer is off kilter, there isn't much time to search for answers online. <grin>. I do now that I shouted something untoward at the machine while trying to stop the action. The evening ended with me transferring the rug to a large pail and the towels to a large sink where I squeezed as much water as possible out of the towels. The rug went to the bathtub where again, I tried to remove what water I could. I hung it up on the grab bar and expect that this will take several days to dry <sigh>. Frustrating. 

Two thoughts came to mind while in the midst of this mess tonight. How efficient is an HE machine if it keeps rinsing but not spinning? Also, if the machine won't respond to the buttons that should stop the insanity, then who really is in charge here? That brought to mind the name of a band and a song. The lyric may still contain language that may offend. Keep safe. Enjoy! 

Take the Power Back -- Rage Against the Machine




No comments:

Post a Comment