Saturday 12 August 2023

10-213 (1/8/3) -- Interloper

 I was downtown today in between appointments. I got a snack and ate it while walking down Main Street. It felt much different than it did a couple of weeks ago. It made me feel like an interloper. I saw the street differently, too. Knowing that I couldn't just run home for the 30 or more minutes just felt strange. Now it would take me that much time to drive to the new place and then immediately turn around and drive back. <sigh> 

I don't fully belong to the neighbourbhood I've been part of for 25 years. While I know the area, it just has a different feel to it now. The new place doesn't feel much better yet, either. It will take time to get to know the area and the residents and to get used to the remarkable sameness of the buildings. Older neighbourhoods tend to have a variety of styles of homes. Here, we all have the same roof line and yard. It isn't bad, just different from anywhere I've lived before. 

The feelings of being a foreigner in both areas brought a song or two to mind. I share one where the band as well as the lyrics fit my thoughts today. Keep safe. Enjoy! 

Long, LOng Way from Home -- Foreigner



No comments:

Post a Comment