Monday 4 December 2023

10-337 (4/12/23) -- Cooking Music

We had messy weather today with snow overnight that changed to rain this morning. Lots of wet slush on the road and driveways. More rain and snow are expected overnight and into tomorrow. Have I mentioned that I dislike winter weather? <smile> I pushed some slush to clear the patio and part of the driveway so I could walk out to the road with less risk of slipping or falling. 

This afternoon I made some spiced applesauce with cranberries and raisins. The apples and cranberries were locally grown. The batch produced six 250 mL (1 cup) jars. It was good to make something major like this in the new kitchen. I look forward to trying the sauce with pancakes or French toast. It also goes nicely with a dark gingerbread cake that I sometimes make in December. I'll add that to the possible holiday cooking list. 

While cooking, the Nutrcracker ballet came to mind. I heard one of the food-related dances as I worked.  I share that here but not in the usual orchestral format. Keep safe. Enjoy! 

Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairy -- Pentatonix



No comments:

Post a Comment