Monday 11 December 2023

10-344 (11/12/23) -- Finding Peace

Overnight the temperatures rose to mid-teens Celsius. All traces of snow left. I could hear the water running in the eaves troughs in the night as the snow on the roof melted. By noon today, the wind was picking up. By later afternoon and into the evening, we had wind gusts of 90+ km/hr (~56+ mph). I went down to the block for the mail and then went around the block for a walk into the wind uphill and then downhill with the wind pushing me along.  

Little on the planned to do list actually got done today. I had a nap in the afternoon. I just felt tired. Listening to the wind and watching the lights flicker often, kept me a bit on edge. Feeling the house shudder in the big gusts added to the stressed feeling. Things seem to be settling a bit outside, so the night should be quieter than it was during the day. 

I chose a song that I find peaceful and relaxing. It is a favourite duo of mine. Keep safe. Enjoy! 

Peace on Earth/Little Drummer Boy -- Bing Crosby & David Bowie


 

No comments:

Post a Comment