Wednesday 20 December 2023

10-352 (19/12/23) -- Aftermath of the Storm

I woke earlier than usual but went back to bed just to keep warm. The power went out in the nights and didn't come back until 1030 AM -- an outage of 9+ hours. The wicked winds and major rain were the cause of the outage. Power went on and off during early afternoon. I had put the  comforter from the spare bed onto m bed during the night when I began to feel cool. While it was warmer than usual outside, the dampness and slight drop in indoor temperature made it feel very chilly. It was no where near what would happen with a nor'easter and temperatures below freezing, though, which was a good thing. 

My big outing was to the eye doctor for the annual check. I took a taxi to the appointment. After things were finished, I walked to campus. Rain began as I got to the far end of campus so I headed to the first large building and put on my rain pants to walk to the other side of campus. My cords were already a bit damp and they would have been soaking wet had I not stopped to put on more rain gear. I visited with a friend and then went home to make supper. We expect more rain through tomorrow -- a lot more rain, actually. <sigh> 

I was thinking of songs that fit the chilly night experience. One newer to me came to my attention. I had no twinkling lights on the tree, though <pout>. Keep safe. Enjoy! 

Cold December Night -- Michael Buble



No comments:

Post a Comment