Tuesday 5 December 2023

10-338 (5/12/23) -- Fluffy Flakes Falling

When I went out the front door today, I could barely see the hills to the south. I thought it was odd as we rarely get fog in this area. As soon as I stepped out from under the overhang on the porch, I realized that the visibility was poor due to snow in the air. It had been precipitating all morning switching from big flakes, to tiny flakes to rain and back again repeatedly. I went to the mail box at the end of the street. Since there was little wind and we were in full on fluffy flake phase (say that quickly a few times <wink>), I chose to walk around the block. I sucked the envelope mail inside the flyer that also was in the box and off I went. Upon returning home my black parka was decorated with big while blotches. 

While out walking, I heard a song in my head. Bet you didn't see that coming <smile>. Now it was the first two lines that ran over and over in my mind today. There have been many covers of this song, but none like the singer I share here tonight. Frankly, it just isn't Christmas without hearing this song by this singer. Keep safe. Enjoy! 

Christmas (Baby Please Come Home) -- Darlene Love (the version from her final performance of the song on Letterman) [keep in mind she was 73 in this performance] 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment