Friday 29 December 2023

10-362 (29/12/23) -- Two Storms and a Plan

Two -- count them -- two low pressure systems visited our region today. Starting last nights, freezing rain, ice pellets and rain fell until late afternoon. The second system brought snow that will fall this evening, overnight and into tomorrow. Needless to say, I chose to stay inside today. No need to tempt fate with icy patches on the driveway and roads (we have no sidewalks in this development -- but if we did, hey would be slippery, too <smile>). I had a few ideas of things I'd like to get done before the end of the year. I felt more like hibernating. It was dark all day, which sends a little message to the brain that it is time to rest. <sigh> 

The new year should begin with a few days without precipitation and with a sun-cloud mix. I look forward to that. We have two days to prepare for a new year celebration. I think I have all that I need for me to have a wee nosh and virtual visit with a dear friend. I also have new pjs and slippers to wear in the new year. So, I'm pretty much good to go. <smile> I've generally been one for staying home or giving or attending a small house party. Larger events have never been my forte. A few song lines about preparing to celebrate new years eve came to mind today.  Keep safe. Enjoy! 

What Are You Doing New Years Eve? -- Harry Connick, Jr




No comments:

Post a Comment