Friday 1 December 2023

10-334 (1/12/23) -- Let's Hide from Winter

A new month began today. How did that happen so quickly? I walked in the mix of sun and cloud. The wind was a bit 'fresh' but not biting as it has been in the past week. I spent time looking at how people are decorating the outside of their places for the holidays. Some places look like everything is done and others are in progress. Many (like mine) haven't begun the process. Soon. <smile>   

The blog began with a challenge to do what I'd been doing annually durng December for a whole year. Well, with different music than I used for the one month <smile> Now, I will revert to the December-related tunes for this month. 

I chatted with the head builder for the complex today. He and I agreed that we'd rather never see snow. And yet, here we are in a northern climate on the Atlantic coast so snow comes a meter at a time. It hasn't yet been that bad, but our winter begins in earnest by the end of December. So, major snowfall is not far off. I'd happily go somewhere warmer for the next three months just to hide from it all. A recently released song speaks to the idea that the holiday season may not really require snow to work. <grin>. Keep safe. Enjoy! 

Better than Snow -- Norah Jones & Laufey


 


No comments:

Post a Comment