Friday 22 December 2023

10-355 (22/12/23) -- Productive Snow Day

We had a major snowfall overnight -- so the Thursday storm continued into Friday with considerably more snow than forecast. Instead of 2-4 cm (1-1.5 in), we got somewhere in the 15-20 cm (6-8 in). The snow came from squalls off the Gulf of St. Lawrence area northwest of here. The big winds created amazing drifts. The patio has one that is well above my knees. The street plow left a pile blocking the road to the postboxes. It was almost shoulder height. The big cleanup will occur tomorrow. Today, the street plow passed a couple of times and the loader with a snow blower attachment cleared a narrow path on each driveway -- just the width of a vehicle. 

I did a number of indoor activities after moving a pathway down the front driveway and another across the back patio. If we choose to believe the forecasts, the next few days look like some sun and cloud mix each day with no precipitation until next week. That looks like rain due to increased temperatures. So, inside I canceled the lunch planned for today and rebooked for next week. I made a big pot of stew -- a hearty dish for a blustery day. Some wrapping and a couple cards were done along with bits of cleaning.  The day was fairly productive and felt restful -- nothing needed to happen at a particular time today. <smile> 

Oddly I feel a bit fatigued this evening. I know I did some physical chores but I was thinking through the holidays while shoveling and chopping vegetables. So, there was some mental effort in the day, too. I heard a song in my head a few times during the day. It is one that I enjoy for its great acapella harmonies and the relaxing aspects of listening to this one. So -- I share it with you all here today. Keep safe. Enjoy! 

Riu Chiu -- The Monkees 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment