Sunday 24 December 2023

10-356 (23/12/23) -- Last Minute Preparations

The day began early. Given that the busiest shopping day of the year was yesterday -- a snow day in this area -- even more shoppers were expected to be out today. A friend and I went for last minute groceries. I got the final few items that hadn't been in stock last time I was out. It was fun going with someone else for a change. We went to both grocery stores and two other stores for last minute food, refreshments and gifts. The day was bright and sunny, which was a major change from the last week of heavy clouds. It helped the air feel warmer, too. The next few days are to be above freezing and sunny -- a perfect way to move into the holidays. 

My usual weekend household chores began after my return from shopping around noon. Laundry and some preparation for cooking in the next two days were completed.  This year will be a white Christmas here. We have about a 50:50 chance of this happening. We've had several green seasons in recent years, but this year is definitely white. While this isn't my favourite element of winter, I do enjoy the song selected for today. I chose a version with a fun tempo and animation that brings giggles. Keep safe. Enjoy! 

White Christmas -- The Drifters (animation by Joshua Held) 




No comments:

Post a Comment