Wednesday 6 December 2023

10-339 (6/12/23) -- Timing Challenges

The day began with me sleeping past the alarm. I made it to my first virtual meeting, though. Had it been outside the house, I would not have managed to get there on time. I had a bit of time after the meeting before I had to leave to go to the clinic for the updated COVID vaccine. I left the house in time to drive and find a parking space downtown. However, I did not leave time to clear the 3 to 4 inches of frozen snow, rain and slush off the windshield. I had to go into the garage to dig out a scraper and brush. The 2 inches on the car roof stayed where it was. My appointment was at 2:32 PM. They were booking every 4 minutes, so the times were just weird looking. I was late, but there was a woman ahead of me waiting, so at least I didn't hold up the line. 

I ordered three items on Saturday. When the system gave me a tracking notice, I found that one item was guaranteed for delivery Friday and the other two were guaranteed for Thursday. It showed that the order was split with one item coming from a warehouse in Vancouver area and the other two from one in Montreal area. Now, the one expected on Friday left Montreal shipping centre 12 hours before the one that left the same centre but was due to be delivered Thursday. Interesting <smile>. Well, when checking my email after the virtual meeting, I found a note for one parcel being delivered at 10:04 AM (the one that was guaranteed for Friday and another parcel was delivered at 11:20 AM (the one guaranteed for Thursday. Both were delivered on Wednesday by "John", I have visions of a man just driving around town delivering one parcel at a time rather than doing them in some semblance of order. The whole process was very weird. At least I should be able to get parcels off in the mail earlier than I'd thought. At this point in the calendar, every day counts. <smile> The plan is to check the boxes in the garage to find the Christmas wrapping stuff. Then I can get everything wrapped and packed and ready for the post office hopefully Friday <fingers crossed>. 

A fun song came to mind when thinking of looking for wrapping supplies. This live version made me smile. Keep safe. Enjoy! 

Wrap Me Up -- Jimmy Fallon & Meghan Trainor (on Kimmel)



  

No comments:

Post a Comment