Thursday 7 December 2023

10-340 (7/12/23) -- A Great Walk

Some progress occurred today. I found the box with the Christmas wrapping paper in the pile in the garage. It was the second box I looked at, so wasn't the craziness I'd pictured of opening every box and it would be the final box that had what I needed. Catastrophizing a bit perhaps <smile>. 

In the afternoon,  I had an appointment downtown and planned to do stops at three businesses. So, I decided to park at the end of Main Street and walk the full length to get to one of the stores, stopping along the way at the bank and to pick up bread from a regional bakery. It felt great to walk that longer distance than I find myself doing in the new neighbourhood. And, I was walking with a purpose. The scenes around me changed as the traffic moved along and people walked along the street. There is a sense of 'bustle' that one doesn't encounter in this quieter area. It wasn't like I felt that I belonged there as I did for 25 years, but more that I was visiting the area. For whatever reason, it felt good. The walk I did downtown and onto campus yesterday felt much the same. 

The walking today felt amazing. I loved the feeling of stretching my legs with longer strides and faster pace than I often feel when walking in the new place. The air was crisp. The light breeze prompted me to put the hood up on my parka for the longer walks between stores. Overall, it was a great walking day. I chose the selection today for two reasons -- firstly the holiday that has just begun and secondly the band's name. <smile> Keep safe. Enjoy! 

Happy Hanukkah -- Walk Off the Earth ft. Scott Helman


 

No comments:

Post a Comment