Wednesday 20 December 2023

10-353 (20/12/23) -- Kinder Lists

The day began with errands downtown as tomorrow may be nasty with frozen varieties of precipitation. So far this season has been the one with Monday storms, but it now appears as Monday AND Thursday storms. <sigh> 

Yesterday evening a friend shared an idea of listing accomplishments done over her day. I loved this idea. It is much more validating than usual 'to do' lists. Unless a task is on that list, it doesn't get recognized.  So, if we were to list what we did do, it might help us to understand that we didn't just sit like a lump -- well, not all day <smile> -- and did do things that are part of, if not necessary to daily life. The idea struck me as a way of being kind to ourselves. We can see what we did do, instead of chastise ourselves for what we didn't do. How cool is that? 

I decided that I would try this new way of looking at daily accomplishments -- It reminded me of list making that we hear about often at this time of year. This one has an adult twist to it. Keep safe. Enjoy! 

My Grown Up Christmas Lis -- Kelly Clarkson




No comments:

Post a Comment