Wednesday 6 March 2024

11-66 (6/3/24) -- Pressure Reduction

The day was grey and damp again. The forecast notes heavier rain for tomorrow with a changeover to freezing rain and ice pellets as the day progresses. I do have an appointment that was rebooked due to one of the huge snow storms last month. I hope we don't have to rebook again. 

We've had much anticipation of potential negative weather systems lately. Add to that stress around necessary travel in and around town and anxiety ramps up. I woke today feeling anxious, when there isn't anything happening today that should create anxiety. Events for the next week seem to be uppermost in my mind. New to me things bring greater anxiety sometimes. I like doing new things, but not all new things are pleasant <smile>.  I'm practicing ways of moving onto another thought to reduce the anxiety. Movement helps a lot. Self talk can help, but this is one that doesn't come easily for me always. Practice can help with that, though. 

A few lines from a song ran through my head today. The opening with bass and piano and the bassline make my shoulders drop into their usual place instead of being up around my ears <smile>.  Keep safe. Enjoy! 

Under Pressure -- Bowie and Queen 



No comments:

Post a Comment