Monday 11 March 2024

11-71 (11/3/24) -- Gratitude

I read an interesting review of an Oscar speech from last night. Robert Downey, Jr. started his speech with an impactful sentence -- "I want to thank my horrible childhood and the academy." The reviewer provided insight into this statement of gratitude. Having experienced much upheaval in his life due to addiction, Downy is in a place where he can acknowledge the awful things he has encountered and feel at peace with it all. This gave me a lot to think about. 

I often end the day with reflection and noting things that I am grateful for. I don't usually look at the ugly things as sources of gratitude. That will take more work, but it would be wonderful to be where Downy showed the world he was. 

While listening to the Oscar awards last night, I found one performance of a nominated song to be quite moving. The young songwriters (and performers) won the Oscar for Best song.  I share that performance with you all. The lyrics are in the notes in the link. Keep safe. Enjoy! 

What was I Made For? -- Billie Eilish and Finneas O'Connell





No comments:

Post a Comment