Friday 22 March 2024

11-81 (21/3/24) -- Positive Day

Overnight I heard big howling wind. By morning this created intermittent driving rain. I headed out in light rain for a lovely lunch with a friend. We got caught up on the recent happenings in our lives. I ran several small errands afterwards. Then the appointment from yesterday was completed and I headed home just as large fluffy flakes of snow blew through the air. These lasted for a very short time and then the sun emerged. Temperatures were cool and even colder with the strong wind. The mixed precipitation will continue for the next few days. Winter leaving its last marks, perhaps. 

It felt good to get out to visit and get some walking into the day. Wrapping up a major project gave me some relief. I even felt productive by getting several errands done, too. Being out and active helps my mood be a bit more positive for a change. The trick is maintaining the physical activity to a daily walk either when out doing errands or taking a break between activities at home. I try to park away from the stores or businesses I visit. In this way I am required to walk longer distances to finish the goals of the outing. I like to walk with a purpose. Aimless wandering around a neighbourhood isn't always my thing. At the old place, I did go for walks in the area and down Main Street. I looked for the various flower gardens and trees that had buds and blooms at different parts of the year. At the new place, each place has similar plants, so there isn't much difference when walking. I may need to drive downtown and do the walk around the old routes to see the seasonal changes. I am waiting for magnolias to bloom -- great ones to see on Main Street and across campus. The spring flowering ground cover should be in full swing -- crocuses and squill. I miss seeing those in the yard. I have some bulbs and hope they will grow when I put the perennials outside next week -- after the next potential snow. 

I Got You (I Feel Good) -- James Brown



No comments:

Post a Comment