Thursday 14 March 2024

11-74 (14/3/23) -- Needing Help

I had a quiet day after the hubbub of the last two days -- exhausted from the external stressers. My outings were to the mail box, once to pick up mail and once more to mail a letter. I made several phone calls to deal with a backlog of paperwork needing external inputs. 

Today two lightbulbs were changed out for a flickering fixture in the master bath. If flickering continues the fixture will be replaced. Not odd, I guess, for a new build. With 16 new builds last summer, a faulty fixture or other item is to be expected. So far, anything here has been minor. The neighbours had a faulty fridge and another had major drainage issues in the side yard. So, I'm not complaining. I'm just happy to have a maintenance someone to assist when things go awry. They generally arrive quickly -- today it was 3 hours after the call. It has been years since I had a landlord who got on top of smaller things at all. <sigh> 

The theme of the day dealt with reliance on external people and organizations to help me move projects forward. More of these contacts will follow in the coming few weeks. I made a few calls to order items, to request information, to repair things and to pay bills. Everyone I encountered today was delightful. They addressed my questions and provided information I needed. They each helped me to complete household and personal tasks today.

Actually, the week has included a number of people helping me to get where I need to be physically and in terms of knowledge and understanding. Several lines from the song shared today have been in my head for most of the week. I love the album cover -- reminds me of my time in Brownies learning to communicate with flags. <grin>  Keep safe. Enjoy! 

Help -- The Beatles




No comments:

Post a Comment