Friday 26 June 2020

Day 6 - 177 -- Musical Broadcast History

WOW! Felt like the hottest day so far and the most humidity I've felt in weeks. The day began with a coolish breeze but turned on a dime to mega-heat and mounting humidity. I worked indoors with a meeting and several reports and information bits that need forwarding to others by tomorrow or Saturday -- Too many things with deadlines all at once. Bizarre how these just sneak up on you. <smile>

I had a great chat with a friend that helped me to see humour in the events of the day and not just the darkness. I've said it before, but it bears repeating -- I am so lucky to have such great friends.

Today is Global Beatles Day, celebrated on June 25 for over 12 years. This particular day was chosen as it was the day The Beatles did All You Need is Love that was broadcast internationally in 1967 -- the first times this happened so it was a really big deal <smile> with satellites and such.Watch this brief explanation of the historical moment.  So, it seemed that the song should reflect my day and the global celebration of a group that greatly influenced music, culture, fashion and business. Be well. Enjoy!

All You Need is Love -- The Beatles


No comments:

Post a Comment