Monday 29 June 2020

Day 7 - 180 -- Just Another Day

It was cooler out today with heavy cloud and sporadic periods of rain in the afternoon and evening. Prior to that it was spitting a bit. The house cooled slightly or perhaps it just didn't heat up as it has been doing lately. By evening, it was definitely cool outside for the first time in a long time. Windows open with hopes of coaxing some of that cooler air inside. <smile>

The migraine still here, but this may be the downside. I'll know for sure tomorrow. I finished the laundry and ran out to get milk, eggs and tea biscuits. Too hot to bake at home at present <smile>. At the pharmacy, I was the only one with a mask -- and there were several people there. At the corner store-sized convenience store, again, no one else had a mask on .There were 8 people in the place and that was the limit for the store size. Two cashiers behind plexiglass did not wear masks either. As I was leaving, I encountered a woman putting on a mask before entering the store. I paused to tell her how good it was to see someone else wearing a mask.

I actually cooked supper, rather than reheating it, since the kitchen was cooler today. Two reports with revised due dates of Monday and Tuesday were completed. That was pretty much the sum total of my day. Nothing too exciting.

I was reminded of a song recently when watching Laurel Canyon and this band appeared. The lyrics also fit well with my desire to go many places that just aren't here and see many people that aren't close enough to see at present. Stay safe. Enjoy!

Six Days on the Road -- The Flying Burrito Brothers 


No comments:

Post a Comment