Monday 22 June 2020

Day 7 - 174 -- (dis)Trust

It is warming up again and heading into jades temperatures in a couple of days.Temperature and humidity forecasts remind me of tropical air -- think Bangkok, Singapore or New Orleans-- but without the a/c in all buildings. This is the type of weather that often sends me to the mall or Main Street to wander through stores and cool a bit. Given the pandemic situation, I don't feel that I want to spend time with so many people whose personal protection habits I know nothing about. So -- this lack of trust means that I will need to find other ways to cool me and the furry one when things get too hot at home.

Trust. That is something that has occupied my thought of late. Trust can mean many things. Do you trust me? Do I trust you? Do I trust myself?  Each is similar but different. The definition of trust involves assurance or belief in the character or truth provided by someone or something. I would like to trust people, but have learned that not all folks are as forthright as I'd prefer. We are not all the same. <smile> The old adage states, "once burned, twice shy." Many people learned early in life to reserve trust in many cases. Moving to a place of trust became a difficult journey. Yet, when one can get there, anxiety lessens and a feeling akin to calm rises. It will be a challenge for some people, but it seems a goal worth well worth the effort.

Maybe more trust would make the world a better place. That is something I'd like to believe. Lyrics that say what I have thought are in the selection shared today. Stay safe. Enjoy!

Don't Back Down -- Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers


No comments:

Post a Comment