Wednesday 24 June 2020

Day 7 - 175 -- Summertime

It was somewhat cooler overnight, which helped a bit with sleeping. I woke earlier than usual in order to attend a morning meeting about new software to record research activities. It was done via MS Teams, which created difficulties when trying to join the meeting so I missed the first few minutes. A second meeting for the day involved the annual general meeting of a professional association. I ran an errand in the afternoon heat -- felt unbelievable but the breeze helped if you managed to stay in the shade. By late afternoon, I fell asleep, likely due to the combined efforts of the heat inside and my general fatigue.

Today, I completed the largest puzzle I've ever done -- 1000 piece of 1980s events and people -- about 150 different images in a collage format. It was a very interesting process that helped to give my mind a break at times over the past couple of months, generally while waiting for the kettle to boil or other items to cook. Now I plan to use the dining room table for work on the stamp collection -- update the catalogue with acquisitions since last summer. There is so much more to do there, but I'll begin with the updates and deal with methods of storing and displaying later.

I was startled by a bizarre noise outside that sounded for all the world like a larger mammal rustling in the bushes. I got up to check out the various windows to see what it might be and could see nothing. Then, I heard a distinct loud buzzing that sounded more like a weed or hedge trimmer being operated a few doors down but it was full on dark and late in the day. (A friend noted that one shouldn't trim a topiary in the dark <grin>.) With the sound,  I knew exactly what was outside the window -- the delightful (creepy actually) June bugs. They are loud and bang into the side of the house and the windows -- loudly since they are of a size. So, nature mystery of the day solved.

The song today was inspired by the weather that surround this end of the country. Hot! <smile> Stay safe. Enjoy!

Hot Fun in the Summertime -- Sly and the Family Stone




No comments:

Post a Comment