Friday 5 June 2020

Day 7 - 157 -- Dignity

The day was warm and muggy with the sun staying behind clouds until late afternoon. We expect rain soon along with slightly cooler temperatures. I had difficulty getting a major task completed today. I'm worried that there will need to be more work for a part of the writing but will just need to get things evaluated with the software before heading off to revise things on my own. The software is set up to tell you where things don't meet requirements <sigh>. Like Scarlett O'Hara, I hear myself thinking, in my inadequate southern belle accent -- tomorrows another day.

Emotions have been creating some difficult moments lately. I feel undignified with the way I'm dealing -- or not dealing -- with the onslaught of happenings. It seems I can't get by with any sense of decorum and that I'm feeling somewhat needy -- something I really dislike feeling <sigh>. I'm working on it and am not alone in that process. Been reading about resilience -- how to bounce back. This is not impossible, just easier some days than others.

The lyrics chosen to share today talks about our combined strength and ability to support each other. The words also note the power in a hug.  Stay safe. Enjoy!

Hold On -- Michael Buble


No comments:

Post a Comment